psychologist wins world series of poker

Two guys, former refugees from Laos and Vietnam, just became big time poker winners. Yesterday, Jerry Yang, a 39-year-old Hmong American psychologist, won the $8.25 million top prize at the World Series of Poker: California psychologist Yang wins World Series of Poker. Not bad for a guy who only started playing poker two years ago. He won his way into the main event from a $225 satellite tournament. He said before the final table began that he would donate 10 percent of his winnings to charity, including the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Feed the Children, the Ronald McDonald House and his alma mater, Loma Linda University. The other 90 percent? Easy living.

Also worth noting, coming in with the the second place finish was Tuan Lam, a 40-year-old professional online poker player from Mississuauga, Ontario, who walked away with $4,840,981. He said he'd be returning to his village, Bao Trinh, to help those who need it. More on the action at the final table, on ESPN's blog of the event: The final table

angry archive