Be socially active with social activists! It's happening Wednesday, May 30 at The Gallery Bar. Here's some more info:
Oh, didn't anyone tell you? Social activism is the new black.For further information about the party, check out the Facebook event. To preview "Issue 25: Generation," head over to Hyphen's website here.
That's why Hyphen magazine, with some help from great NYC-based community organizations, want to invite you to celebrate Asian Pacific American Heritage Month and the launch of Hyphen Issue 25, featuring George Takei.
Mingle with cool cats, connect with passionate individuals, and learn about volunteer and activism opportunities. Meet community partner representatives to learn more about their causes, and hang with folks like you who want to make a difference. Here's your chance to do something beyond a Facebook 'like.'
Good causes. Good people. Good times. So come on down.
CONFIRMED COMMUNITY PARTNERS:
- Apex for Youth (www.apex-ny.org)
- Asian American Arts Alliance (www.aaartsalliance.org)
- Asian CineVision/AAIFF (www.asiancinevision.org)
- Coalition for Asian American Children and Families (www.cacf.org)
- Kollaboration New York (www.kollaborationnewyork.org)
- Museum of Chinese in America (www.mocanyc.org)
- Project by Project NY (www.projectbyproject.com/ny)
- Taiwanese American Professionals NY (www.tap-ny.org)
- Young Korean American Network (www.ykan.org)
Want to find out how your organization can get involved? For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.