Hello, angry podcast listeners! It's a new year and a new season of Sound and Fury: The Angry Asian Podcast. Thanks to everyone who's downloaded and listened to the first six episodes, available here. To get them all delivered to your device as soon as they're released, be sure to subscribe.
So here's episode seven. Bangarang! This extended edition features a cool conversation with none other than Rufio himself, actor Dante Basco. I think you'll really dig it:
|SOUND AND FURY |
Episode 7: Dante Basco
In episode seven, I talk to actor/producer/poet Dante Basco about playing iconic characters, coming of age in Hollywood and mentoring the next generation of Asian American talent.
download | subscribe | iTunes | Stitcher
Some notes about this episode:
- Check out Dante's blog, and follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram.
- Learn about Hang Loose, the independent feature comedy Dante made with KevJumba, and watch the movie as a digital download for $5 here.
- Pretty sure this is waaaay illegal, but someone has posted the entirety of Hook on YouTube. 15-year-old Dante shows up as Rufio at around the 53-minute mark. Watch it here before it gets taken down.
- That weird little 1997 "hood classic" Fakin' Da Funk, starring teenage Dante Basco, is also viewable on YouTube, uploaded in nine parts.
- Here's the little kid version of Michael Jackson's "Bad" from Moonwalker. The quality's not so great, and I'm not sure you can really spot Dante anywhere in the gang, but it's still pretty amusing.
- And here's the video of National Film Society's recent visit and tour of Dante's crib.
- And finally, get yourself a rad Rufio shirt from Rufio Ink.