Hey there, podcast listeners! The Sound and Fury podcast is back with something new for your ears. Episode 12 features a cool conversation with filmmaker Evan Jackson Leong, whose latest feature film Linsanity, about inspirational basketball star Jeremy Lin, hits theaters on October 4.
As always, thank you to everyone for listening, and helping us get to a dozen episodes. Your feedback and encouraging words are greatly appreciated. To catch up on previous episodes, get the rundown here. To get new episodes delivered to your device as soon as they're released, be sure to subscribe.
But check it, here's my conversation with Evan Jackson Leong:
|SOUND AND FURY |
Episode 12: Evan Jackson Leong
In episode twelve, I talk to filmmaker Evan Jackson Leong about cutting his teeth behind the scenes at Better Luck Tomorrow, having the inside track on Linsanity and getting a front row seat to a defining moment in Asian American cinema.
download | subscribe | iTunes | Stitcher
Some notes about this episode:
- Linsanity opens in select theaters nationwide on October 4. Check out the film's official website to see the full list of theaters and order tickets.
- Watch the theatrical trailer for Linsanity.
- To see some of Evan's previous work, visit evanjacksonleong.com.
- Watch Evan's film BLT: Genesis, a behind-the-scenes documentary on the making of Justin Lin's landmark indie film Better Luck Tomorrow.
- During Linsanity, Deadspin called New York's hottest restaurants posing as assistants to New York Giants' quarterback Eli Manning (who just won the Super Bowl) and Jeremy Lin to see which athlete was more popular.
- And finally, here are all the posts I've written and tagged with "Linsanity."