I caught the movie Shanghai Calling last month, when it was Opening Night film at the Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival. Directed by Daniel Hsia and starring Daniel Henney, it's a charming little fish-out-water romantic comedy about American expats in the bustling metropolis of Shanghai.
To spread the word and generate some buzz about the film, they recently announced the launch of the Shanghai Calling "Expat Stories" Contest.
Submit a video telling your best story about something that happened to you while traveling abroad, studying abroad or living abroad, and you could win a trip for two to see Shanghai Calling at an upcoming film festival.
Stars Daniel Henney and Eliza Coupe explain in this video:
Here are some details on how to enter:
Here’s how it works:For further information about the contest, including the full rules and official submission form, go to the Shanghai Calling website here. And for more updates on the film, follow the Shanghai Calling Facebook page here.
1. Upload your “Expat Story” to YouTube (up to 3 minutes in length).
2. Submit your video to us using the Official Submission Form at http://ShanghaiCalling.com/Contest
3. Your story must be a true, original experience. Creativity is encouraged! Speak it, act it out, write an original song, animate it. The best videos will be featured on our website throughout the contest period.
4. Offensive or profane submissions will not be considered.
5. Submissions are eligible from 12:00:00pm Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) on June 6, 2012, until 11:59:59 pm PDT on July 6, 2012.
6. Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip for 2 to a festival premiere of SHANGHAI CALLING at one of the two following film festivals: Stony Brook Film Festival in Long Island, NY; or Asian American International Film Festival in New York City.
7. No substitution of Grand Prize is offered.
8. Please read the OFFICIAL RULES below for full details.