What up, podcast listeners. We're back with a brand new episode of Sound and Fury: The Angry Asian Podcast. Episode 11 features a fun conversation with my good friend, writer/comedian Jenny Yang, who made a drastic career change a few years ago and jumped into the world of stand-up comedy.
Thank you to everyone who helped make this thing go to eleven. This has been a lot of fun, and your support and feedback are greatly appreciated. To catch up on previous episodes, get the rundown here. To get them delivered to your device as soon as they're released, be sure to subscribe.
But without further ado, here's my sit-down with Jenny Yang:
|SOUND AND FURY |
Episode 11: Jenny Yang
In episode eleven, I talk to writer and comedian Jenny Yang about dropping out of grad school, breaking into standup comedy, and getting over the pursuit of perfection.
download | subscribe | iTunes | Stitcher
Some notes about this episode:
- Check out Jenny's official website, jennyyang.tv. You can also follow her on Twitter.
- If you're in the Bay Area, check out Jenny and her funny friends at Dis/orient/ed Comedy, a showcase of Asian American female comedians, happening Saturday, September 7 at South Side Theater at Fort Mason Center in San Francisco. Use the promo code STAYANGRY to get a discount.
- How much does Jenny Yang love boba? She wrote a rap jam about it: "Tapioca Song"
- Here's a funny clip of Jenny on Showtime's Why We Laugh: Funny Women.
- And finally, join Jenny on her quest redefine How To Be A Good Asian.