Bay Area artists! Kearny Street Workshop, the nation's oldest Asian Pacific American multidisciplinary arts organization, is now seeking submissions for the 13th annual APAture, a multidisciplinary arts festival presenting and examining the work of emerging APA artists living or working in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Here are some more details about the call for submissions:
Call for Artists: APAture 2014
Early Deadline: Monday, July 7, 11:59 PM
Second Deadline: Monday, August 4, 11:59 PM
Kearny Street Workshop’s APAture is a multidisciplinary arts festival presenting and examining the work of emerging Asian Pacific American (APA) artists living or working in the San Francisco Bay Area. Now entering its 13th year, the festival will run from September 26–October 5, 2014 in multiple venues throughout San Francisco and Oakland. As the nation’s oldest APA multidisciplinary arts organization, KSW’s mission is to produce, present, and promote art that empowers our diverse APA communities.
- Book Arts: Comics, zines, illustration, etc.
- Film/Video: Animation, documentary, experimental, music video, etc.
- Literary Arts: Writing, poetry, spoken word, etc.
- Music: All music, electronic, turntable, sound, noise, etc.
- Performing Arts: Theater, dance, movement, puppetry, comedy, etc.
- Visual Arts: Painting, photography, sculpture, installation, multimedia, etc.
For further information about APAture, and to review the submission guidelines, go here.