Starting next Tuesday, January 19, join the White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders and community groups for a week of action to help Asian American and Pacific Islanders across the country get covered through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
Get involved in person and online to remind the AAPI community to take control of their #AAPIhealth and #GetCovered! The deadline to get covered is January 31, 2016. Visit HealthCare.gov, call 1-800-318-2596 for help in 150+ languages, and find help in your community through LocalHelp.HealthCare.gov.
Here are some more information on the week's events:
TUESDAY, JANUARY 19: National AAPI Stakeholder Call with Dr. Vivek Murthy, United States Surgeon General
• Thursday, January 19, 2016 from 3:00 – 3:30 pm ET
• U.S. Surgeon General Vivek Murthy will share a special message for AAPI communities regarding their active engagement and support of the Affordable Care Act. Register HERE.
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 20: #AAPIhealth TwitterStorm with George Takei and Angry Asian Man's Phil Yu
• Wednesday, January 20, 2016 from 3:00 – 4:00 pm ET
• Join a #GetCovered conversation focused on #AAPIhealth with @GeorgeTakei, @AngryAsianMan, @WhiteHouseAAPI, @HHSGov, @APIAHF, @AAPCHOtweets, and more! Follow the TwitterStorm using #AAPIhealth.
THURSDAY, JANUARY 21: Webinar: COFA Migrants and the ACA — Health Care Options & Eligibility
• Thursday, January 21, 2016 from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm ET
• Join the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for an overview on COFA migrants’ eligibility for Marketplace coverage and available financial assistance, as well as other options for coverage. CMS will discuss how COFA migrants can enroll followed by a Q&A session. Register HERE.
Throughout the week, follow along on social media (#AAPIhealth for enrollment stories and spotlights on in-person assisters. For the latest on the week’s activities, enrollment events near you, as well as in-language resources (Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Burmese, Hmong, Khmer, Lao), visit here.