If you're in the Bay Area, Kearny Street Workshop invites you to its second Celebrate Your Body, a showcase of fashion and music as well as a multicultural street fair that celebrates the diverse beauty of all body types. The event will honor Lynn Chen and Lisa Lee of Thick Dumpling Skin and Project Runway finalist Kini Zamora. It's happening Saturday, January 31 at SOMArts Cultural Center.
Here's a promo video for the event:
Here are some more details:
CELEBRATE YOUR BODY
Fashion. Art. Music. Food. All under one roof.
Saturday, January 31
7:15pm - 11:00pm
SOMArts Cultural Center
934 Brannan St.
San Francisco CA 94103
Kearny Street Workshop, the Bay Area’s hub for Asian Pacific American arts since 1972, cordially invites you to a one-of-a-kind, body-positive fashion show and expo.
• Halmoni Vintage (Natasha Harden & Virgie Tovar) | halmoni.net
• Kiniokahokuloa Zamora, Project Runway Finalist | kinizamora.com
• Madeira (Stephanie Yeung) | stephanieyeung.com
• Patria Native Land (Christopher Florendo) | facebook.com/patrianativeland
• THÚY Custom Clothier (Thuy H. Nguyen) | facebook.com/THUYCustomClothiers
Astralogik | Parae | Rice Rockettes | beats by DJ Baagi
• Lynn Chen & Lisa Lee of Thick Dumpling Skin
• Kiniokahokuloa Zamora, Project Runway Finalist
HOSTED BY Sonya Renee of The Body is Not An Apology
VENDORS & EXHIBITORS
(Cash & credit cards accepted)
• Food and drink specials, including a pop-up food stand by Sugar & Spun
• Free ear acupressure by Shift Acupuncture Collective
• Donation-based chair massage by Kasama Bodywork
• Local artisans and nonprofit exhibitors, including ACMIST, Nature As Muse, Asian & Pacific Islander Wellness Center, Covered California, and more TBA!
7:15 PM Lobby opens
8:15 PM Program starts
$15 Early Bird (Before January 26)
$18 General Presale (After January 26)
$20 At the Door
$45 VIP (inclusive of reserved front row seating, drink ticket, and swag bag)
For further information, and to purchase tickets, go here.